If you do not have a human resources department or your HR staff does not have the resources or expertise in specialized areas, it may be time to consider outsourcing. The EmpLAWyerologist Firm can take on your special projects and can provide advice as to how to respond to thorny or high-risk situations.
If you believe that one or more of your employment practices areas are vulnerable to either employee lawsuits or government audits (and resulting fines and penalties) it may be time to consider scheduling an Employment Practices Checkup.
You can request either a full workup, where we review and evaluate all your policies, procedures, contracts, employee handbooks and any challenges you may have experienced in the recent past, or you can request a checkup of one particular area, such as:
- Employee Classification Checkup – If you are concerned that you may have some employees that have been misclassified as overtime exempt.
- I-9 Checkup – If you want to be sure that the federal government would have no problems with how you handle I-9 Forms for all your employees.
- Anti-Discrimination/Harassment Policies Checkup – If you were involved in an employment discrimination suit in the past or want to avoid one in the future.
At the conclusion of these Checkups, we work with you to craft an Employment Practices Wellness Plan tailored to your specific situation.
By taking advantage of The EmpLAWyerologist Firm’s consulting and expertise, you are helping your company implement effective Employment/HR practices before the problem escalates – or even before the problem arises. This means you will be able to improve your workers’ morale and productivity and save money you would otherwise spend on hefty fines and penalties from government audits or judgment/settlement amounts and inordinate legal fees arising out of time-consuming and often aggravation-producing litigation.
Here are some of the many other consulting services we offer:
- Overall guidance and support to human resources in handling employee complaints
- Assessment of in-house investigations and recommendations for discipline based on legal conclusions
- Employment policy writing and development
- Comprehensive HR training and HR “Lunch & Learns” for quick review
- Employee Handbook review and/or writing
- Employee Relations
- Discipline and Termination Issues
- Employee Leave and Benefit Issues
- Newsletter writing
- Evaluation of training needs
- Risk Assessment
- Responses to administrative agency charges
- Court-ordered and/or pre-litigation employee training
- Expert witness consultation and/or testimony
- Review of compliance with court-ordered remedies
- Drafting and negotiation of severance and release
- Recommendations for specialists in specific areas of employment law to meet specialized client needs
Have questions? Just click and schedule a free consultation below.